Accountancy is key to the successful running of any business and letting agents are no exception.
Whether it’s rent collection, making payments to contractors or landlord tax returns, there are numerous financial duties agencies have to take care of on a daily basis, all of which need to be carried out properly if you are going to be a success.
While good accountancy is vital for the everyday operations of your letting agency, there is also the legal side of things to consider. Failure to account properly has the potential to take you on the wrong side of the law, so it’s crucial all of your staff have the necessary training and tools to get the job done.
Easily track rent receipts and arrears and chase by letter or SMS.Read more →
- Easily handle DSS rent in arrears and apportion tenant top up
- Guaranteed rent
- Import rents from internet banking
- VAT on rent for commercial properties
- Overdue rent aged report
- Rent outstanding ‘as at’ report
- Rent due report
Effortlessly batch run or send individual management statements with automatically created commission invoices and payments to landlords.Read more →
- Options to include rent dues and rent outstanding
- Option to attach scanned copies of bills when emailing statements
- Optional statement periods. Weekly, fortnightly, four weekly, monthly, Quarterly, half yearly, or never.
- Prompts to include unpaid bills
- Prompts to optionally retain monies for un-invoiced jobs
- Ability to handle and report on a retained float on statement
- Automatic PDF copy of statement created and stored
- Print rent statement for tenants
- Ability to retain and report overseas landlord tax on statement
Let Only Statements
Effortlessly create let only statements with automatically created commission invoices and payments to landlords.Read more →
- Option to include additional VAT-able fees
- Option to include reimbursable expenses
- Ability to pass deposit over to landlord
- Ability to calculate and refund letting commission for early termination
Create, send, track, reprint and report on invoices to landlords or tenants. Never forget to create a new or chase and outstanding invoice again.Read more →
- Prompts to create and send tenant and landlord invoices
- Prompts to chase by email or letter overdue invoices
- Auto calculation and transfer of fees from client account to office account
- Overdue invoice report
- All invoices report
- Invoices by type report
- Invoices raised and paid report
- Void invoices report
Effortlessly record and reconcile all your client account, deposit and cash bank accounts.Read more →
- Reconcile to bank statements with save and return feature
- Full audit trail of all deletions
- Limitless bank account creation
- Track un-cleared deposits to avoid bounced cheque issues
- Monitor un-deposited funds and reconcile with bank paying in book
- Ability to transfer between accounts
- Ability to record ad hoc transactions such as bank charges
Landlord Tax Returns
Easily create and send Schedule 23 – type 19 returns and non-resident returns.
Instantly create an all-in-one overview of all your business receipts, payments, invoices, deposits and landlord balances for any date range. Easily print or export to Excel.Read more →
- Tenant fees analyzed by type
- Letting commissions
- Lettings extras
- Management commissions
- Other landlords invoices
- Total income
- Bill commissions
- Re-invoiced bills
- Landlord balances
- Deposits held
- Tenant receipts
- Rents received
- Payments to landlords
- Other income
- Contractor bills paid
Bank Imports and Exports
Rentman plays nicely with any bank import or export facility to slash your administrative burden whether receiving rent or paying landlords or contractors.
Send invoices and landlord details to Sage using Rentman’s Sage Link.
Effortlessly prove that the value of all the debit balances equal the total of all the credit balances to ensure accurate financial reporting of Rentman’s double entry client accounting features.
Are your agency’s accounts getting out of hand? If so, Rentman can help. Our letting agent software contains a comprehensive accounting system that is designed specifically with the needs of a modern agency in mind.
This makes the accounting process, which can quickly become quite complex, as efficient as possible and helps to ensure your agency’s financial dealings run smoothly. What’s more, our letting agency software is fully compliant with all the main professional bodies, including ARLA, RICS and NALS, so you know you’re using a product that’s in line with the requirements of the industry’s best.
If you’re curious about Rentman and would like a chance to sample what it could do for your agency, you can sign up to a free webinar demonstration here.
To find out how else our property management software can improve your agency, click on the links on the Features page.