This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Rentman Software Limited is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
Rentman Software Limited uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information which Rentman Software Limited believes may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to Rentman Software Limited maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Rentman Software Limited also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, Rentman Software Limited will be acting on the instruction of its client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Rentman Software Limited may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. Rentman Software Limited may also collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website.
Any information Rentman Software Limited holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
Rentman Software Limited will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with marketing and consulting services, and does not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Rentman Software Limited has purchased from a third-party list broker.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Rentman Software Limited’s contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by Rentman Software Limited and/or its clients
To promote the marketing, training, consultation and support services offered by Rentman Software Limited.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Rentman Software Limited processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
Rentman Software Limited may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Rentman Software Limited requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Rentman Software Limited do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement without your consent. However, Rentman Software Limited may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. Rentman Software Limited may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Rentman Software Limited, its clients and/or the wider community.
Whenever Rentman Software Limited collects or processes your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Rentman Software Limited will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After five years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the UK using different (multiple) servers, Amazon Web Services’ servers located in the U.S. and Microsoft Azure servers.
Rentman’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Rentman Software Limited is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
If Rentman Software Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Rentman Software Limited at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Rentman Software Limited) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Rentman Software Limited or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Rentman Software Limited will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Rentman Software Limited is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning +44 (0)844 745 2145 or writing to us at the address further below.
If you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by Rentman Software Limited or its partners, you have the right to complain to Rentman Software Limited’s CEO. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Rentman Software Limited attention of the CEO
1A, Poppleton Road, Leytonstone, London E11 1LP
Telephone +44 (0)844 745 2145 or email email@example.com
Data Protection Regulator
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone +44 (0)303 123 1113 or email: go to https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/