Keep up with the latest updates to Rentman
Rentman v5 New Features
Rentman v5 is constantly updated to include new features to keep our clients ahead of their competitors and up to date with new legislation. Below is a list of our most recent enhancements.
September 2020 – 5.000.787
- New Accounts Summary: Print Landlord’s balances grouped by property/building..
August 2020 – 5.000.784
- New Annual Statement option under Actions on Building screen. Similar to history but will remove adjustments or, for Guaranteed Income, all but payments to landlord, bills and invoices.
- New Docusign features. Execution Date, Landlord&Tenant workflow and Who Signs option when signing on behalf of landlord. See Help Guide.
- New Contacts can be given a status (in same way as applicants). Add status options using system/setup/types/contact statuses in the main menu.
- New Contacts and Landlords can have date of birth, first contact date and one other date….. there are then “landlords approaching anniversary”and “contacts approaching anniversary” in the main treeview when those dates approach an anniversary (e.g. a birthday).
- New The CRM related lists for contacts and landlords (“… approaching anniversary”,”…by mailing list”, “contacts by status”) will have a ‘send’ checkbox . The ‘send’ button then prompts you to email the selections using a document template.
July 2020 – 5.000.751
- New Assign Inspections to a contractor (of type ‘Property Inspections’).
- New Tenancies with “Deposits more than 5 weeks rent” in main treeview under Tenancies, Deposits.
- New All Tenancies report now has option to filter for renewals only.
- New Appointment screen will show warning if a property has no valid EPC.
June 2020 – 5.000.729
- New Invoice Wizard when creating a new invoice from menu.
- New For multiple landlords… “one landlord can sign for all” is now on admin tab of landlord screen. Being unset means all landlords of a property must sign documents and that is the safer default. Tick if one signature is enough but it is recommended you get a signed agreement from all landlords.
- New Option to show (and then print) only bill payments from the contractor screen (bills/invoices tab).
May 2020 – 5.000.721
- New Electrical Safety Certificates are required for all periodic tenancies by their first rent due date after 1 Juy 2020. Rentman will simply show 1 July 2020 for these tenancies as calculating each rent due date would make the list very slow.
- New Bulk Mail (or Export) to All Contractors will now exclude archived contractors. A new option has been added to mail only archived contractors.
- New Additional management statement template for sending statement and invoice as two separate documents.
April 2020 – 5.000.709
- New A hyperlink to the Virtual Tour is now included in the property match email sent to applicants (you add the virtual tour’s url on the advertising tab of the property screen).
- New Mark inspections as “Skipped due to Covid-19”. Right click on Inspections Due list or Inspections tab on deal screen.
- New Archiving a tenancy will set the ‘until’ date of any recurring invoices for that deal to the actual enddate of the tenancy.
- New Option to sort contractor’s ledger by invoice number.
March 2020 – 5.000.699
- New Safety certificates for a building can now be set to apply to all properties within the building (as opposed to just common areas as originally intended).
- New Management statements now have option to show adjustments; because of Covid-19 adjustments.
- New Mark a tenancy as having “Covid-19 related rent difficulties”. Right click on rent overdue list or go to notes tab of tenancy screen. This will move the deal from the rent overdue list to a new “Rent Overdue – Covid-19 related difficulties” todo list.
- New Mark tenants as ‘self-isolated’ on notes tab of tenancy screen. This will then flag on building summary and any tasks/jobsheets for the property or building.
February 2020 – 5.000.679
- New Rent payable per semester. For students paying rent in lump sums to concide wth grants and semesters set the tenancy to pay rent per semester and the use the “Increase Rents” button to enter the actual dates and amounts when rent will be paid. As well as becoming the deal’s ‘Rent Due’ transctions the dates will appear in the standard AST agreement.
- New Invoices to be Generated in ToDo list will now show periodic tenancies where letting commission is due (one month at a time but that can be changed with an option)..
- New Rent Expected report under Management/Prints&Reports in main menu. Shows rent expected in the next n days.
January 2020 – 5.000.601
- New Archive Contractors. Archived contractor will not be uploaded to FixFlo.
- New New format for export to Sage
- New Email all certificates on a building’s properties to landlord from the actions menu of building screen.
- New Email all certificates for a property to the tenants on a deal from the actions menu of deal screen.
December 2019 – 5.000.578
- New Other Certificate Types. Under System, Setup, Types in main menu you can add custom certificate types. These are in addition to the existing EPC, Gas Safety etc. They don’t have any known business rules as to when they become due so there are only 2 lists in the treeview… Other Certificates (a full list) and Other Certificates Expiring.
- New Other Certificate types can be added to a building rather than a property and a new “Certificates” tab on building screen shows these as well as all certificates for properties in this building.
- New Invoices to be Generated now excludes void invoices in lettings commission calculations… in order that a commission can be automatically regenerated. If this means the Invoices to be Generated list now shows old lettings commissions due… right click to mark as not required.
- New Archive old applicants under Applicants in main menu. Will archive applicants with a move in date (or, if empty, contact date) before the cut-off date unless there has been activity( i.e. a journal entry) within the last month.
November 2019 – 5.000.564
- New Buildings with multiple properties can take a long time for the summary on the building screen to build. This a particulary noticeable when flicking between tabs. When a building has more than 3 properties this version will not refresh until 5 minutes elapses. To force a refresh, right click on the summary and select “refresh summary”.
- New Management Statements Due list now shows bills outstanding.
- New Bulk Mail and Export screens now give option to select applicants by status.
- New Recurring Invoices can now be set to ‘generate only’. They won’t be printed or emailed; this is useful when sending with a management statement.
- New On startup Rentman will prompt to generate all recurring invoices due.
- New On opening the building management screen Rentman will generate any recurring invoices due for this building.
- New When sending management statements from the management statements due list Rentman will generate any recurring invoices due for the building and mark them as paid.
October 2019 – 5.000.548
- New EPCs due shown for sales properties.
- New Let Only Balances under landlords in main treeview.
September 2019 – 5.000.532
- New Ability to delete a reference. Right click on grid on deal screen.
August 2019 – 5.000.490
- New Property Status “Prospect”. For when you need to enter a property into Rentman but it is not yet ready to begin a ‘Valuation” workflow. Will not appear in the extant properties list or be uploaded to internet portals.
- New If tasks or appointments are scheduled for a Sunday or Bank Holiday (UK only) the date will show a red border.
- New VAT option for price on commercial properties.
July 2019 – 5.000.461
- New Agreement to Lease document. To be signed by tenant and landlord when you take a holding deposit with the conditions why the holding deposit is returned, forfeited or used as part of the tenancy deposit. Appears as new checkbox on deal send documents screen. The standard document contains RPOST mailmerge fields for digital signing according the email recipient (see AST below).
- New Rentman will prompt to reduce size of photos added to inspections as they may be too large to subsequently email to a landlord with the report.
- New Add timestamped notes to journals.
June 2019 – 5.000.429
- New Automatic signature codes inserted into AST document when sent for signing via RPOST.
- New When emailing documents from ‘send documents’ on deal screen (using the email button only)… the landlord and tenant will have separate emails – each with the appropriate attachments (rather than having the agreement attached to one email sent to both). This is to help manage when you send the agreement to the landlord to be digitally signed : legal advice tells us that the landlord should not sign the agreement until all money has been received from the tenant – possibly the day the tenancy begins. For the landlord to sign beforehand raises the possibility of giving the tenants rights before they have paid the rent in advance and deposit.
May 2019 – 5.000.390
- New Tenant Fees become disabled in Rentman for England, Scotland and Eire on 1st June 2016 and in Wales on 1st August 2019 to meet new legislation.
- New New Agreement named “AST” to be used with all deposit schemes. Has all references to tenant fees removed and updates to Training for Professionals’ version 3.11 documents. Each scheme has a separate ‘snippet’ document with their specific Prescribed Information to be included in the agreement.
- New Section 21 Form6a for England. To be used after 31st May 2019.
- New If a deal is cancelled (checkbox on tenancy details tab of deal screen) Rentman will prompt to retain any holding deposit still being held – the amount will be set to be transferred to the office account in the same way as non-vatable tenant fees have always been handled. If a holding deposit is to be returned to an applicant simply enter a negative amount in the ‘receive money’ screen on the deal screen as before.
- New New legislation also prevents credit card surcharges. The correct way to receive payments via Credit Card, Paypal or Stripe is to enter the full amount as having been received specifying one of the new payment types (VISA, Mastercard, PayPal and Stripe). Each of these payment types post the full amount to a new ‘bank account’ of the same name. This account can then be reconciled like any other and any commission deducted entered as an adjustment in the same way you already enter bank charges.
- New TenantFees document updated to reflect new legislation. This document Is uploaded the rightmove, zoopla and OTM and appears on advertising materials.
- New Increase Rent button on Deal Screen Tenancy Details tab. Changes the rent without renewing a deal. Use this button to enter new rate and its effective date. A confirmation email is sent to the tenants (no formal notice is required as the standard agreements include wording that notifies tenants in advance). If you don’t use our standard agreements issue a Section 13 notice manually.
- New Relevant Persons. For a person who pays the deposit on behalf of a tenant (and is not a guarantor). Works in similar fashion to guarantors. Will appear on new versions of the agreements.
- New Changing deposit after a renewal. The tenancy details tab has a ‘Deposit’ text box where you can set the actual deposit for this term. Useful when deposit is increased or reduced.*If you enter a reduced amount Rentman will prompt to return the difference to the tenant.*If you enter an increased amount Rentman will add the difference to the Pre-Tenancy tab… the money should then be received in the normal way and will be posted to the deposit.
March 2019 – 5.000.355
- New Exchangedate included in ‘sales in progress’ list
- New Transfer custodial deposit to Landlord’s ID. If a deposit is held in a custodial scheme you can transfer it to the landlord’s account within the scheme either by changing the ‘Deposit Held By’ to ‘Landlord’ on the deposit’s tab of the deal screen or by clicking a new Transfer to Landlord button on the Postings tab.
- New Transfer a deposit to a new tenancy. Whether held in a custodial scheme or in your own bank accounts a deposit can now be transferred to a new tenancy without money being physically returned to the tenant and recieved onto the new tenancy. Click ‘Transfer to new tenancy’ button on the postings tab of the deal screen. Obviously this just changes rentman’s records ; you still need to transfer the deposit on the scheme’s website to re-register on the new tenancy (for which there may be a charge).
- New “Outstanding Invoices as at” screen under Accounts/Prints & Reports.
- New Bills Paid from Office Account screen.
February – 5.000.301
- New Bank Transfers from Client Account to Office Account now shows individual bills paid from office account rather then a batch bill total.
- New Rentman will issue the Form 6a variant of Section 21 notices even for tenancies created before 01 Oct 2015. This in accordance with recent legal advice. The 4a variant is still valid for such tenancies but in the interests of simplicity the 6a is preferred.
- New Add existing PDF files to document packages..
- New HMO & PRPL (Private Rented Property Licensing) Licensing.
- New All certificates can now have tasks and jobsheets attached to them. Open a certificate and see the list of associated tasks. To create a new task click the + button.
- New Warning on deal summary tab if an EPC or Gas Safety is due to expire during this tenancy
January – 5.000.258
- New Right click on the property on a task screen to go to the property, building or tenancy.
- New Right click on journal and task attachments to send to current tenants of property.
- New Tenants’ statement item in ToDo list. Print or email from here. Defaults to send statements one day after rent was received– so can serve as a post hoc receipt. The one day delay allows for multiple tenants to submit their rent without triggering a statement for each.
- New Automatically email Tenants’ statements. Set option in company preferences (extended tab). Defaults to send statements to those tenants for whom you have received rent since their last statement – so can serve as a post hoc receipt. Also sends if rent is outstanding 7 days after it was due. The emails will be sent when Rentman does its nightly housekeeping and will use the same email account as is set for ‘property match’ emails. Some local authorities are suggesting this as part of a best practice accreditation.
- New Add and remove favourites on print document screen
- New Tenancy notes tab has special textarea for tenant’s requests to the landlord prior to moving in.
- New New Certificate button on main toolbar. Select the property when you get there.
- New Section21 Notices Due in todo list. Can be sent by email from Send button. If a document called “Section21note” exists (i.e. you created one such) it will be used as the body of the email.
- New Breaking News. Shows recent Rentman activity such as properties becoming available, prices changing, properties becoming unavailable, tenancies going periodic etc. It will refresh itself every 60 seconds.
- New Emailing Documents from the deal screen will now create separate emails for the agreement, notices, deal sheet items and utility letters. So the agreement will appear on one email to both landlord(s) and tenant(s). The notices will be on a different email to the the tenant(s) with the landlord(s) cc’d. Deal sheet items will be on a tenants only email and utility letters addressed to the utility company only. The agreement email in particular requires this when used with RPOST.